- This section outlines the basic CommuniGate Pro configuration
options and provides references to in-depth information.
After the CommuniGate Pro Server software is Installed,
take the following steps to get a working communication system.
When the CommuniGate Pro Server is running, and you should be able to access its
WebAdmin Interface by pointing your browser to http://your_sever_address:8010,
and you should already know the postmaster password.
If you have any problem with configuration, check the
How To and
Help Me sections.
- Open the Accounts WebAdmin Realm and click the postmaster link to open
the postmaster Account Settings. Specify a new password and click the Update button. The next
attempt to access any WebAdmin page will result in a delay, and the browser will ask you to
enter the new password.
Main Domain Name
- Open the Settings WebAdmin Realm and open the General section. Specify
the proper name in the Main Domain Name field and click the Update button.
If you need to serve (to host) several domains on your CommuniGate Pro
Server, you may want to create additional (secondary) Domains: each
Domain is independent and may have its own Accounts, Settings, etc.
- Open the Settings WebAdmin Realm and open the Network section.
If your Server is connected to your office LAN, specify that
LAN network addresses.[read more]
- Open the Domains WebAdmin Realm and open the Account Defaults section
and switch to the WebUser Preferences section. The CommuniGate Pro default Language
is English. If most of your users prefer a different language, use the Language menu
to select the preferred one. Select the Default Time Zone.
- Open the Accounts WebAdmin Realm and create (register) your Server users.
CommuniGate® Pro Guide. Copyright © 1998-2006, Stalker Software, Inc.